John Kailunas II (APEX) LUTCF®, FSS®
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” - Henry Ford
John Kailunas, early in his upbringing as a first-generation immigrant, had ingrained in his very person the importance of hard work, commitment, and dedication to those that put their trust in him. John began his career in the financial services industry in 1988 and immediately applied these values and ethics to building plans to help his clients achieve their financial goals. Today he leverages his three plus decades of experiences and successes, that make him uniquely qualified, to help you plan for and secure your financial future. John’s success track record and entrepreneurial spirit propelled him to build Apex (Retail Financial Planning) along with Regal Holdings and its subsidiaries: Regal Investment Advisors (2B+ AUM), LionShare (SMA Distribution), and Regulus Financial Group (Broker-Dealer 2B+ AUA), Regal Charitable, Regal Financial Group (Retail) and now Catalyst 4 Growth (Professional Development). The Regal team has been humbled to win numerous awards from E&Y Entrepreneurial Finalist, Top RIAs in the Country, Best Places to Work, and the Coolest Places to Work, to name just a few. John is an active member of the West Michigan YPO Gold Chapter and served as Chairman for three consecutive terms as well as Regional Deal Network Chairman. John has been happily married to his wife, Deborah, for 25 Plus years and is the proud Father of two children, his oldest, Courtney Kailunas, DNP, and his son, John A. Kailunas III (Trey). John enjoys traveling and has visited all 50 states and 34 countries over six continents. John enjoys the outdoors, hunting, fishing, cigars, and bourbon.
Anchored by the core tenant that people should have the financial peace of mind to sleep well at night, John and Apex best serve
- Have reached a point in their financial life where they need to get organized, get more clarity of their financial future, and get better prepared to achieve their financial goals.
- Have grown their assets to a point that they may need to develop or update an estate plan to ensure the efficient transfer of their assets to their beneficiaries.
- Are business owners that have a need to create or update their business succession plans.
- Have an interest in creating a charitable plan to support the charities and causes that align with their values and visions.
Many of John’s and Apex’s best client relationships have been related to:
- The mass affluent and hard working working blue collar workers that are often not well supported by the financial industry.
- More established and mature business owners that are thinking of creating a retirement plan that includes the sale of their businesses.
- Senior citizens that are charitably inclined and are required to take required minimum distributions, that they do not need, from their retirement accounts.
- Friends and family members and their referrals of others they care for.